Enduracers Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enduracers Modding Team, the Official Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Problems with windows on created skins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BigDaddyCool
Visiteur

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Problems with windows on created skins Empty
PostSubject: Problems with windows on created skins   Problems with windows on created skins EmptySat 18 Jun - 0:06

I've been making some skins for the 2011 ALMS cars, and Ive been having some problems with the windows.

Everytime I have tried to create a file for the winows no matter what car it is (Epsilon Euskadi, Corvette, Saleen, etc.) it always comes out with mirrored tinted windows and headlights. No matter what I have tried I can't get the windows and headlights to come out clear. I have tried saving the file at different settingfs, I have tried saving them at the reccomended settings. No matter what, they end up like this:

Problems with windows on created skins Image311

I could use some advice on how to get this glass clear. I'm using Paint Shop Pro 9 with NVIDIA Photoshop Plug-Ins.
Back to top Go down
Oreca LC75
Visiteur
Oreca LC75

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Problems with windows on created skins   Problems with windows on created skins EmptySat 18 Jun - 0:09

save it as DXT5 not DXT1
Back to top Go down
BigDaddyCool
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Problems with windows on created skins   Problems with windows on created skins EmptySat 18 Jun - 1:22

I've tried saving the file in PSP as a .ddl using DXT5, but when I get to a certain point in the process the program tells me that there are too many channels to export. In order to make the save I have to delete one alpha chanell or the other. But whenever I do that I get this:

Problems with windows on created skins Image312

I think I'm getting close to figuring this out, but I could use whatever pointers I could get because before I've had to save the file as a .jpeg, .bmp, .tga or a .png file to get it to save. Whenever I do that I get the mirrored look.
Back to top Go down
Oreca LC75
Visiteur
Oreca LC75

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Problems with windows on created skins   Problems with windows on created skins EmptySat 18 Jun - 2:13

did you flattern the image first?
Back to top Go down
BigDaddyCool
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Problems with windows on created skins   Problems with windows on created skins EmptySat 18 Jun - 2:20

No, but it looks like I figured it out. I've been doing some experimenting and saving the file using different settings and I found one that finally works. If I delete the Transparent channel, then save the file in .DDS, 8.8.8.8, 1024*1024, Mipmap 6 then this is the result:

Problems with windows on created skins Image110

I know that the file itself would be a little large (5,461KB instead of 2,731KB) but it shouldn't bee too bad as I have large files like that in other mods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with windows on created skins   Problems with windows on created skins Empty

Back to top Go down

Problems with windows on created skins
Page 1 of 1