Enduracers Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enduracers Modding Team, the Official Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-03-19

SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring Empty
PostSubject: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptyTue 27 Mar - 17:56

SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring Sebring12h_poster_v2
  • Uninterrupted 12 hours of racing
  • 40 cars including 14 different models
  • 3 classes (LMP, GT1 and GT2)
  • Hardcore simracing experience for adequate respectful drivers
  • Endurance Series SP2 mod for rFactor and beautiful Sebring by Virtua_LM with some subtle tweaks
  • Real world car liveries for genuine Sebring atmosphere
  • Live streaming and timing
  • Full English language support

International support forum
Main info page
Follow the updates on Twitter

Schedule

3.04.2012 - Registration start
CET 19:00
UK time 18:00
GMT 17:00

14.04.2012 - Initial registration closure

19.04.2012 or earlier - Entry list, contuinued registration for available cars

22.04.2012 - Test day
Qualifying practice (55 min., open session)
CET 18:00
UK time 17:00
GMT 16:00

Test race (120 min., no Pace Car)

26.04.2012 - Test day
Qualifying practice (55 min., open session)
CET 20:00
UK time 19:00
GMT 18:00

Test race (60 min., Pace Car start)
CET 21:00
UK time 20:00
GMT 19:00

27.04.2012 - Qualifying
Practice (90 min., open session)

GT1 & GT2 Qualifying (20 min., closed session)
CET 20:30
UK time 19:30
GMT 18:30

Practice (15 min., open session)
CET 20:55
UK time 19:55
GMT 19:55

LMP Qualifying (20 min., closed session)
CET 21:10
UK time 20:10
GMT 19:10

29.04.2012 - Race
Practice (55 min., open session)
CET 09:00
UK time 08:00
GMT 07:00

Race (12 hours)
CET 10:00
UK time 09:00
GMT 08:00

If you have any questions or thoughts about the event fell free to post in this thread!

Last edited by Pandamasque on Thu 19 Apr - 3:38; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : added info)
Back to top Go down
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptyMon 2 Apr - 21:42

Downloads & Servers page is now online!

Last edited by Pandamasque on Fri 13 Apr - 23:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin
klo-che

Number of posts : 7807
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptyMon 2 Apr - 22:37

I had a question : what are the "subtle tweaks" ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.enduracers.com
vevex
Enduracers
vevex

Number of posts : 1463
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptyTue 3 Apr - 0:15

Be Carefull, that's Virtua_LM and not Vitrua_LM. :lol4:

If you use a modified version of the VLM Sebring, it's recommanded to share the DL of the track only for League's users and not with Public access. :look:
Back to top Go down
http://www.hethomas.com
mjmueller
Visiteur
mjmueller

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2006-04-11

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptyTue 3 Apr - 14:15

I downloaded the mod and tried last night.

The files in the download overwrite a bunch of our files. I would not recommend this as it will cause miss-matches.

mj
Back to top Go down
http://mjracing.com
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptyTue 3 Apr - 15:30

vevex wrote:
Be Carefull, that's Virtua_LM and not Vitrua_LM. :lol4:

If you use a modified version of the VLM Sebring, it's recommanded to share the DL of the track only for League's users and not with Public access. :look:
Oops! Thanks for noticing the typo. The track addon will rely mostly on original files, but will add another 'layout' which is the 12h layout with different pit-stop allocation so that 40 cars could pit at once without problems. Maybe I'll add some race-related banners and stuff. I know that V_LM aren't okay with unauthorized updates, texture/shader packs and other things that would create confusion online. But this addon is only relevant to the event, it won't have any fancy new textures or shaders, there's no real point in using it elsewhere. Of course I can add a password to the archive, but these things aren't hard to find anyway.
klo-che wrote:
I had a question : what are the "subtle tweaks" ?
Good question. I wrote about the track above. As for the mod... I'm afraid anyone who expected to see a random selection of badly converted cars from Forza3 is going to very disappointed :lol4: The addon only has it's own rFm file, and 40 *.veh files, own upgrade files, own UI with additional information on cars displayed on the screen. That has been done to implement a different menu structure, different info in the result files, different classes and slight balance of performance by adding small amounts of ballast, restricting some of the engines and changing some of the fuel tanks. BoP is still work in progress and it's being done specifically for Sebring. None of original physics files have been altered, everything is done through the new upgrade files.
Later today I'll post the Q & A, that will address the classes, BoP in more detail about why and how it's being done.
mjmueller wrote:
I downloaded the mod and tried last night.

The files in the download overwrite a bunch of our files. I would not recommend this as it will cause miss-matches.

mj
It will not! Let me explain. Sometimes drivers have random mismatches caused by HDD errors, viruses and weird things like that, and some like to edit camera files... I'm not ok with that. To fix such mismatches they need to re-install the whole mod, which is a slow and inconvenient thing to do during an official online session. To help with this I always include all of the original physics files, as well as *.gen and *.cam files to the league addons. So all it takes to fix mismatches is to extract a small archive. I've been doing it for years now, and it helped some drivers fix their mismatches literally minutes before the start of a league race.
Quote :
Everything must be installed into rFactor root folder. Mod addon must be installed after the base mod. The addons will not compromise the original mod and track, Endurance Series by Enduracers and Sebring by Virtua_LM will remain mismatch-free. It is highly recommended to use a clean install of rFactor for the event.
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin
klo-che

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptyTue 3 Apr - 16:29

If your patch does not overwrite original files it's ok, if not please remove your link. In any case make your modifications be available only for league members (currently as visitor i can see and download). BoP is not in adequation with the spirit of the mod, so we do not encourage such modifications.

If your modification to the VLM track is not authorized by VLM, please remove the link too.
Back to top Go down
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptyWed 4 Apr - 4:39

The track addon isn't even released yet. I can add a password to the mod addon, if you wish. But where should I 'hide' the password? Usually it's not required to be a rocket scientist to get any downloads from any league. So why make extra hurdles for the participants to overcome? That page can really be accessed by anyone, but you wouldn't go there by accident. It's not like I uploaded the files to rFactor Central or something, it's just for those who are interested the take part in the event. Even the server and TS3 passwords are on that same page. And it's a standalone event, I'm trying to make it easily accessible for teams from all over the world, not just for our league members.

As for the mismatches, I already explained. The mod itself is quite large so I wanted to make sure the participants could safely install the addon into their original ES mod without creating any mismatch problems in it or needing to have a separate install.

Without small changes to the mod and the track such a race simply would not be possible. We respect the efforts of the creators so we're doing our best to keep things as original and realistic as possible while making them usable in rFactor for such an event. Please respect our efforts too.

Team registration is now open.

Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin
klo-che

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptyWed 4 Apr - 8:17

No what i mean is : if you modified the VLM track without authorisation from them, it's their business to deal that with you but do not post any link here. If VLM says no modification, then modification, it's simple.

Quote :
Without small changes to the mod and the track such a race simply would not be possible.

The mod and track have been already used for lot of events without any modifications made to them, and it worked perfectly. Guys at leagues like Race2Play, RD or Endurance-Inside can do it, so everybody can do it. :lol4:
Back to top Go down
MaD_King
EnduRacers beta test
MaD_King

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptyWed 4 Apr - 11:25

klo-che wrote:

The mod and track have been already used for lot of events without any modifications made to them, and it worked perfectly. Guys at leagues like Race2Play, RD or Endurance-Inside can do it, so everybody can do it. :lol4:

To complete this, I think, it can be interesting Pandamasque, you indicate what you think it should be updated on this forum, to evaluate your requests.
Perhaps you notice some limitations we are not aware and it can be interesting to fix them in future. But if we are not informed, we can't fix anything.

So if you can post here the list of the changes you made and the aim of these changes, it better for everybody, than make obscure modification and create mismatch and loose participants.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gentlemen-racers.org/
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptyFri 6 Apr - 20:03

Phew... I thought the forum went down with serious problems. I kept using the link in my email notification https://enduracers.easyforumpro.com/t1137-scu-12-hours-of-sebring#23942
Checked the Facebook page just now, I'm glad everything is ok.

MaD_King wrote:
To complete this, I think, it can be interesting Pandamasque, you indicate what you think it should be updated on this forum, to evaluate your requests.
Perhaps you notice some limitations we are not aware and it can be interesting to fix them in future. But if we are not informed, we can't fix anything.
It seems the mod is focused on replicating the historically correct situation in a several of championships and at Le Mans, but without having all the cars (for obvious reasons).
There goes the first limitation which combined with rFactor's stupid pit allocation system creates a problem, where you often have another car occupying your spot. We had a lot of these situations so I had to learn about pit groups, put the right values in (added) veh files, rfm, and edit tracks accordingly so that opponents wouldn't have to share pit positions. At Sebring all the cars should be able to pit simultaneously even if it's going to be tight. I didn't verify this but I assume that the original pit-group system will work properly only when using cars for a single series and season.
I don't think anything can be done about that, unfortunately.

Another problem is the lack of balance of performance (BoP). In GT2 F430 and 997 with all other things equal are significantly more competitive than the rest on any track. I cannot confirm this 100% but Lambo seems to be somewhat off the GT1 pace too. And in prototype classes the situation is so unbalanced that you had to create sub-classes.
As a result in many leagues you'll see 2 car classes running with many cars not being used at all. Take a look RD LMS. They had an army of 908s vs. an army of R10s, with P2 moslty consisting of Acuras with a couple of Porsches running towards the back. And 997 vs. F430 in GT2 with a random Spyker or Panoz running around at the back with no chance of competing (ok I'm exaggerating a bit here). An all-diesel P1 class just looks stupid, dull and unrealistic, IMO.
In any case if I were you I'd be upset looking at all those cars not being used, the cars that took so much effort to create. Maybe it's just me, but I think sportscar racing is all about the variety so I'd like to keep the grids as varied as possible. Of course you may say that it's realistic that some cars have a big advantage over the others. True, but in the real world that advantage is gained by spending money and efforts, in simracing all it takes is to sign up for the league/event. Everyone can join the race for free. So everyone naturally expects to have as much chance of winning as the next guy. Hence the need for BoP.
That being said I and other involved in the organization would like to keep the physics realistic so that the individual character of each car would not be altered too much. It's not going to be a problem in GT classes, where very subtle adjustments to the mass would do the job. With prototypes we had a real dilemma. The diesels have the kind of advantage that would necessitate adding a lot of weight and turning the engines down too much. We ended up with very dull cars that were unpleasant to drive. While petrol P1s with more power and less weight are way too wild, just like the old P2s when we tried speeding those up earlier. After some testing it turned out that P1p and P2s classes are close enough to be balanced into one class without ruining the handling and the character of the cars. Old P2 cars and the diesels should be left alone, balancing them with anything else wasn't worth it. So we took P1p and P2s and merged them into a single class. As a result 5 different LMPs will have equal chances of winning the race overall, although they all have different strengths and weaknesses and are different to drive.
Participation in all SCU races is free, we're not even asking for donations. The very little advertising theree is on the site probably covers the domain fee, at best (I'm not in charge of that, so I'm not sure). We're lucky to have all the technical possibilities that we need to run several leagues, but we don't have the staff to keep up with more that 1 league at a time without losing out of quality. So naturally we have smaller audience. Since we do not have the might of R2P or RaceDept, having less classes (3 in this case) is good for competition. That's pretty much what ALMS did in 2008 and 2010 and I think they had a bigger gap to bridge.

The third thing that we needed to change was the way car details and classes were displayed in xml result files. This is just because we use our own parsing system that makes neat results pages. Of course I'm not implying that the original mod should be change for this. :)

I hope I answered all the mod/track-related questions. I hope I haven't bored you to death in the process :hein:

PS: It's not critical for me to have a direct link to the downloads page on this forum or elsewhere. So I removed it everywhere except our own central info page.
Back to top Go down
MaD_King
EnduRacers beta test
MaD_King

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptySun 8 Apr - 9:50

Ok, understand, so just to complete, you are not totally right on some points.

On the P2, the old P2 have a disadvantage on a short race, but the consumption can make the difference on long race, the car are more easy to drive and so for endurance races, they can win their category. But I understand, it's not easy to take seconds on each lap for some drivers ;). You need a perfect strategy.

For the GT2, you are not right, for the same reason of the P2. But in this case, the difference is less important. With a Spyker, you can win, less weight, less consumption, so less tire wear, the car is a great car for endurance.
For the Panoz, it's a car for long straight circuits, big engine, it's impossible to pass this car on long straight. And it's the only car with front engine, it's a car that's easy on curbs.
For the 996, the ratio weight/power is the same as the 997, the car have less consumption and less tire wear.

So for endurance races without changes, the GT2 are all balanced, depends of the driver and the strategy (track and race length).

For the P1 Diesel, we make it real, so, OK, it's hard to beat a Diesel with a P1 Petrol, but it's possible, for the same reason, consumption and fuel tank and type of track.

For the pit group track change, if you have a solution, if you can give us the tips, I take it to try to inject this on our mods, because I made some tests and never found a really viable solution.

Back to top Go down
http://www.gentlemen-racers.org/
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptyMon 9 Apr - 14:15

MaD_King wrote:
For the pit group track change, if you have a solution, if you can give us the tips, I take it to try to inject this on our mods, because I made some tests and never found a really viable solution.
I'm not sure it can be done with so many cars in the mod. I guess it's possible to do within each series/season filter, but not overall.
The other problem is that most rFactor tracks have pit system that has 2-3-car garages/teams (pit groups) which means they have 1 pit spot per team, like in F1. As you know in endurance racing, not only there are many 1-car teams, but also bigger teams can pit all their cars at once. We've seen Peugeot serving 3 cars simultaneously. To allow something like that to happen tracks need to be edited to have 1-car pit groups and a lot more pit stops (1 per pit group).

I've read that if you leave the pitgroup="" blank in the veh file, rFactor should spread the cars randomly using all the garages. I tried that before I learned to edit pit spots, but we had shared pits anyway, probably because there were 2-3-car garages with 1 pit spot.
Back to top Go down
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptyWed 11 Apr - 5:34

Regulations in English are now online

The schedule in the first post has been updated.
Back to top Go down
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptyWed 18 Apr - 12:04

The entry list is now online. Team registration has been re-opened, further entries will be processed on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring EmptyFri 4 May - 6:30

Official results

Recorded stream
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring   SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring Empty

Back to top Go down

SCU: 12 Hours of Sebring
Page 1 of 1