Enduracers Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enduracers Modding Team, the Official Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes

Go down 
+99
Steve McQ
zemi
Pandamasque
klo-che
NightSt@lk3r
AGERAFan
DeDios
B. Gant
blue2k
DutchGuy
walshy1093
Alonso97
Ar Br
UDI
John Dalton
S Eefting
warp9engage
MaD_King
rmac923
dumberdog
Valbuena72
Oreca LC75
urosl
vevex
Lastlap
corsa
RoadHeat
Blinq34
Flaux
lms
mixfloors
C.Schelfthout
Honour
iforrow
house382
JackH79
kevin1993
PG Wootown
jordan weekes
marcogreek
wraith21
SimonC979
smp132002
stiner0931
Rain
Traumatic
The*Stig
Meclazine
ric
Helmi99
zippz
heavy_rat
Jochem Hraback
big_mouse
goose08
davidbcarter2
Benthon
theroro29
NOSphantom28
giobre
Integra
patcio
Ruba
CpR
robbi
Bram
spliff
snoups58
polynikes
charleeskywalker
kennyvdk
mjmueller
Adam Jonas
Cranck
deutscherporsche
Bak
icedob
Stuntman Mike
JTninja
FRR-Twogic
Mach3
tertre-rouge
Flying_Pie
DrBob
Speed887
RKipker
jaimen
tracid
Frosty20
carlitooo
f1mania
lebarronrouge
Raspoutine
Carlos Garcia
m00dancer
mjv_c0h1
-Max-
Admin
Aurel
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
JackH79
Visiteur
JackH79

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-10-16

Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Dec - 12:47

You're not talking about the xUI mod Flaux, do you? Here is a screenshot of the showroom. On the right in the middle is an arrow, which (I presume) is used to switch to the next car (haven't tried the mod yet).
Anyway, even if it's not the one you mean, I quite like the vertical positioning of the car list. Gives a better overview and probably results in less scrolling.
Not sure though whether such a radical re-design is necessary.
Back to top Go down
lms
Visiteur

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Dec - 13:02

JackH79 wrote:
You're not talking about the xUI mod Flaux, do you? Here is a screenshot of the showroom. On the right in the middle is an arrow, which (I presume) is used to switch to the next car (haven't tried the mod yet).
Anyway, even if it's not the one you mean, I quite like the vertical positioning of the car list. Gives a better overview and probably results in less scrolling.
Not sure though whether such a radical re-design is necessary.

about xui: its a very useful thing but it seems its not working with this mod (unlike v12). there is an xui installer on your desktop but enduracers mod is not there and when you launch the xui installer then rfactor enduracer mod loads without that black showroom, its just a default enduracer showroom.
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin
klo-che

Number of posts : 7807
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Dec - 13:17

Main fact is that this xUI is maybe usefull but looks awfully awful, horrible. And we don't have time to work on the menus mutch for the moment (in case you missed it there is a job opened for that).
Back to top Go down
http://www.enduracers.com
Flaux
Visiteur
Flaux

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Dec - 13:57

Nope, thats not what I'm talking about.

Here is a picture...didn't find another one... See the buttons on the bottom of the screen. So you have the fullsize showroom and also can change to the next or previews team and car...

http://h-4.abload.de/img/f107txu.jpg
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Flaux1
NightSt@lk3r
Visiteur

Number of posts : 1203
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Dec - 13:59

That would be pretty messy and useless with our mod having 4 series spread over 4 years, it would be good for a mod like F1 that is just 1 year of 1 series
Back to top Go down
Flaux
Visiteur
Flaux

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Dec - 20:21

You are probably right. Maybe there is a usable solution in the future. rf2... :lol4:

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
house382
Visiteur

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Dec - 21:10

I know in the readme it says that the templates should be released in around a month. Is there a week or a date that we should start to look for them. I only ask because the start date of our league is dependent on the templates.
Back to top Go down
iforrow
Visiteur

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Dec - 21:33

I have recently downloaded SP1 and great I thought - But NO i have the following issue

When I try to select certain cars (P2) or someone enters the game with a certain car I get the following error message

Error Loading texture RSSPYDEREVO_070007 for material WCCARBODY

I have tried installing the game as admin - NO Joy

I have reinstalled Rfactor and installed a new SP1 - No Joy

I have copied files from a working copy of the Mod - NO Joy

Can anyone help me with this as I want to get racing

Ian
Back to top Go down
NightSt@lk3r
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Dec - 21:34

Seems to be a bug with the RS Spyder and DX7 mode that we missed, try DX8 or DX9.
Back to top Go down
iforrow
Visiteur

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Dec - 21:41

That worked a treat thanks - that was about the only thing I did not try

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Honour
Visiteur

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptySun 12 Dec - 15:05

This question/wish might have been asked before, but i could not find it.
For post-SP1.
Any chance of getting the Corvette in GT2 as the next update?
As you have the car in GT1 I'd hope it's not too much work to fix it into GT2.
Back to top Go down
NightSt@lk3r
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptySun 12 Dec - 17:42

The C6.R GT1 model is very old, if we do the GT2 we will probably do it from scratch, so it will be a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
C.Schelfthout
Visiteur

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptySun 12 Dec - 18:20

hi :)

Just for information: Have you planned the next vehicle?

thanks
Back to top Go down
NightSt@lk3r
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptySun 12 Dec - 18:22

No, we are taking a brake we will start deciding whats next in the new year.
Back to top Go down
C.Schelfthout
Visiteur

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptySun 12 Dec - 18:24

ok thanks ^^
Back to top Go down
mixfloors
Visiteur

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Dec - 7:22

Just a point of note, with SP1, when driving in car at night in the Pug/Audi LMP1 cars, the headlights of approaching cars appear as a dim/feint dot in the mirrors, when the cars are actually quite near (rearward view).

I use 3 x 22 inch screens, in cockpit view, and dont use virtual mirrors.

What I am seeking is for the cars lights (behind me) to appear in my mirrors earlier and become brighter and/or larger as the car approaches from behind in my mirrors.

Is there any way I can adjust this in my game, or adjust any part of it in my game that wont cause missmatch's on line ?

If not, then could this be a request for your team to look into and modify for future release as an udate or patch to those that might find it usefull.

I am not sure if this also happens in other class cars,( as I am busily practicing for two upcoming enduro events next week) but I assume it would be the same.

Thanks once again for this spectacular mod,and any help/suggestions you may have, by far the best for rF ever.

Mike
Sydney
Aust
Back to top Go down
MaD_King
EnduRacers beta test
MaD_King

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Dec - 9:41

Could you make screens, I don't understand exactly what you describe for these cars, thank you ;)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gentlemen-racers.org/
mixfloors
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Dec - 13:17

These two sets of photos are taken seconds apart. The headlights of the car are dull in the mirrors, compared to the rearward facing view. Especially, in this case, the left side

Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 GRAB_093

Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 GRAB_094

Its the same with the pics below, and also , they dont appear in the mirrors early enough

Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 GRAB_091

Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 GRAB_092

What I am trying to say is that the headlights of a car approaching from behind are shown in the mirrors only when the car is close behind. I think they should, perhaps, appear earlier, and if possible, slightly larger, and brighter. (If that can be done)

IE headlights appear in the mirrors at say 50m, when perhaps they could be showing in the mirrors at 100m behind, this allows the front car to know that there is a car there earlier. If a 908 were approaching to pass a GT2 car at full speed, the headlights would barely appear before the 908 had passed the GT2 car, thus scaring the be-jesus out of the GT2 driver, or worse still causing an accident because the GT2 driver never knew the 908 was there.

I know blue flags appear, but with the closing speed of a 908 on a GT2 car there would be no time to react.
What I am suggesting, if possible, is that the lights of an approaching car appear in the mirrors of the car to be passed earlier, and, if possible a little larger and brighter.

ATM the size of the lights in the mirror, and the brightness when taking into account perspective, make the car behind look further back/behind, than it really is.

It may be that what you have created is accurate in size, but for a single monitor user, the lights would just be specs of white. I am lucky in that I have nVid surround to assist my vision. Many dont.

I am not sure that this can be done, but if it can, it would benefit night racing greatly IMO.

Once again, thanks for you reply in advance, and my suggestion/wish is meant only to improve an already brilliant mod, its not a whige.
Again cudos on all the work your entire team has done.
Mike
Aust
Back to top Go down
MaD_King
EnduRacers beta test
MaD_King

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Dec - 15:03

Ok, I understand, I don't know if rfactor allows to change this kind of things (we will see if it's possible).
Back to top Go down
http://www.gentlemen-racers.org/
mixfloors
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Dec - 15:05

I understand if you cant due to limitations of the game, I just think its a little tweak that would benefit the mod, if it can be done. :)
Back to top Go down
lms
Visiteur

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyTue 18 Jan - 14:55

what tirecompounds are the best for this mod? soft-supersoft-medium? How to change these?
Back to top Go down
Flaux
Visiteur
Flaux

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyWed 26 Jan - 12:10

Hey Enduracers!

I have a feeling that you guys are already working on new things?!
(Take it easy, a little break is not that bad. :lol4: You have done a lot for the community)

Well, just to be informed, what are your plans in the future?

- a bug-fix?
- Missing Helmets?
- Community Skins?
- a new Model? (which?:siffler:)

Is there already a plan? What will come next and so on?

And remember it is just out of curiosity, I really don't want to rush right here.
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin
klo-che

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyWed 26 Jan - 13:38

There may be something dealing about part of what you said, but nothing to be announced yet. Just enjoy SP1. :lol4:
Back to top Go down
Blinq34
Visiteur

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyWed 26 Jan - 19:21

Hi there Enduracers team,

Thank you for your excellent work on SP1,enjoying this mod on a daily basis.
I have to ask 1 question though.Is it possible to increase the rearlight glow.
Especially when cars are not braking.Had a terrible accident in my racing league,
when driving in the dark at Le Mans(crashed into a slow driving damaged car at Indianapolis
because i saw it too late and had a problem assesing it's speed)

Merci,
Lars
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin
klo-che

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 EmptyThu 27 Jan - 11:37

Well we've done all what could be done graphically. Don't forget that we develop a mod, not a game, and so you would better ask improvement to ISI, not to us. :lol4:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next