Enduracers Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enduracers Modding Team, the Official Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes

Go down 
+99
Steve McQ
zemi
Pandamasque
klo-che
NightSt@lk3r
AGERAFan
DeDios
B. Gant
blue2k
DutchGuy
walshy1093
Alonso97
Ar Br
UDI
John Dalton
S Eefting
warp9engage
MaD_King
rmac923
dumberdog
Valbuena72
Oreca LC75
urosl
vevex
Lastlap
corsa
RoadHeat
Blinq34
Flaux
lms
mixfloors
C.Schelfthout
Honour
iforrow
house382
JackH79
kevin1993
PG Wootown
jordan weekes
marcogreek
wraith21
SimonC979
smp132002
stiner0931
Rain
Traumatic
The*Stig
Meclazine
ric
Helmi99
zippz
heavy_rat
Jochem Hraback
big_mouse
goose08
davidbcarter2
Benthon
theroro29
NOSphantom28
giobre
Integra
patcio
Ruba
CpR
robbi
Bram
spliff
snoups58
polynikes
charleeskywalker
kennyvdk
mjmueller
Adam Jonas
Cranck
deutscherporsche
Bak
icedob
Stuntman Mike
JTninja
FRR-Twogic
Mach3
tertre-rouge
Flying_Pie
DrBob
Speed887
RKipker
jaimen
tracid
Frosty20
carlitooo
f1mania
lebarronrouge
Raspoutine
Carlos Garcia
m00dancer
mjv_c0h1
-Max-
Admin
Aurel
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyThu 27 Jan - 12:36

I must say that the lights (including lights of cars behind in the rear view mirrors) are the best I've seen in rFactor.
Back to top Go down
RoadHeat
Visiteur

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyWed 2 Feb - 6:55

"Track surface resistance"

I was hoping you guys would have fixed this and actually used it.Now that would have been something to talk about. ISI not using it on tracks is just plain wrong. One day a mod team will actually use it properly and will get the closest to realism.
You guys know what I am talking about tdf track surface resistance=0.0. THATS wrong and nobody is doing anything about it cause no one wants to modify all the tracks. ISI released the first tracks like this and it stuck.
Interesting to see if ISI releases RF2 with actually using this.

Oh and BTW.... NICE MOD.
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin
klo-che

Number of posts : 7807
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyWed 2 Feb - 8:32

Well this is related to tracks and tracks maker, so you better contact them then us, we don't work on tracks. :lol4:
Back to top Go down
http://www.enduracers.com
MaD_King
EnduRacers beta test
MaD_King

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyWed 2 Feb - 9:53

RoadHeat wrote:
"Track surface resistance"

I was hoping you guys would have fixed this and actually used it.Now that would have been something to talk about. ISI not using it on tracks is just plain wrong. One day a mod team will actually use it properly and will get the closest to realism.
You guys know what I am talking about tdf track surface resistance=0.0. THATS wrong and nobody is doing anything about it cause no one wants to modify all the tracks. ISI released the first tracks like this and it stuck.
Interesting to see if ISI releases RF2 with actually using this.

Oh and BTW.... NICE MOD.
If ISI fix the problem in rF2, so the car mods will be adjusted to match.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gentlemen-racers.org/
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyWed 2 Feb - 15:55

Changing track surface resistance in a whole trackpack for a series would take less than 5 mins. This makes me think, that ISI made it "0" for a reason. There must be something to do with the engine that doesn't work properly with this parameter. Let's not get too hot under our balaclavas, just wait and see if it's implemented in rF2 properly.
Back to top Go down
RoadHeat
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyWed 2 Feb - 16:38

Pandamasque wrote:
Changing track surface resistance in a whole trackpack for a series would take less than 5 mins. This makes me think, that ISI made it "0" for a reason. There must be something to do with the engine that doesn't work properly with this parameter. Let's not get too hot under our balaclavas, just wait and see if it's implemented in rF2 properly.

There is more to it than just changing track surface resistance. That changes the speed of the car. Thats what they did. Put it to 0 and changed the cars physics to get the speed to where it should be. (WRONG!!!)

I have done tests and it works. I don't have real data to plug in to the cars but it does work. When you do this it changes the speed of the cars as it should. ISI and every mod manufacturer changes real data (if they have it) to manipulate the speed of the car to get it to where it makes sense.

I have a theory that it is too complicated to get working so ISI to get their stuff released at rf1 release they just left it at 0 and adjusted the car to reach proper speeds. At any rate, it is wrong and mods will never get any closer to "real feel" unless they use this. Think about it. Modders say they use real data but yet they change the real data to get the car speeds to be realistic. Whats the use of real data then. There is a difference in feel when both sides of the friction component is properly set.
Back to top Go down
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyWed 2 Feb - 17:58

Yeah I know. I follow the thread at ISI forums. I don't think adjusting the cars' speed to the 0 resistance was any easier for ISI than adjusting to any other value. Hence I think the parameter doesn't work properly so they left it 0.
For example the latitude in track gdb files actually works for defining daylight cycles and so forth. But if you check out Northamptonshire at night you'll see that it doesn't work properly, as the real world data makes it look like north pole.

Sorry for the OT.
Back to top Go down
RoadHeat
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyWed 2 Feb - 18:24

Pandamasque wrote:
Yeah I know. I follow the thread at ISI forums. I don't think adjusting the cars' speed to the 0 resistance was any easier for ISI than adjusting to any other value. Hence I think the parameter doesn't work properly so they left it 0.
For example the latitude in track gdb files actually works for defining daylight cycles and so forth. But if you check out Northamptonshire at night you'll see that it doesn't work properly, as the real world data makes it look like north pole.

Sorry for the OT.

What OT?

I have a different opinion. I think it is much easier to just put the TSR to 0 and adjust the car to the correct speed. Otherwise they would need to be tweaking both at the same time. I don't think it is as easy as setting the TSR to a value say "1500" in all grooves all the way around the track. The proper way would be to have the values different depending on the track and where on the track it is cause it all changes depending where on the tack. Setting it the same all around is the same as setting it to ) and adjusting the car. There is alot of work to do it right so thats why I think they did it that way.

On another note, track resistance changes with temperature, and and everything else. This should be changing depending on the enviroment. Thats not happening now and probably won't happen in RF2. Lots of work to do that but it would be a more real enviroment. I think thats what they should be working on instead of putting cute girls sitting on the pit wall. Anyway enough of the rambling.
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin
klo-che

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyWed 2 Feb - 18:43

He says OT because it's not related to thread tittle. In this thread you can ask questions about the mod, or tell about your wishes for the mod. Thanks. :lol4:
Back to top Go down
Lastlap
Visiteur
Lastlap

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyWed 9 Feb - 22:59

A garage style showroom!

There are afew out there, but an Enduracers style one would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyThu 10 Feb - 13:53

Only if it doesn't increase load times too much.
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin
klo-che

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyFri 11 Feb - 10:38

Lastlap wrote:
A garage style showroom!

There are afew out there, but an Enduracers style one would be cool.

TBO it's not that mutch our priority, they are more important things. For rF2 maybe, for rF1 our current showroom will remain the same.
Back to top Go down
walshy1093
Visiteur

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptySun 20 Mar - 0:36

Is the mod going to be changed to have the classes like they are now (P1, P2, LMPC, GT, GTC)?
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin
klo-che

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptySun 20 Mar - 7:48

There is nothing to change excepted splitting GT2 class, witch appeared in 2011 and there is No 2011 Team in The mod currently, so there is nothing to change !
Back to top Go down
corsa
Visiteur

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyTue 22 Mar - 21:32

klo-che wrote:
There is nothing to change excepted splitting GT2 class, witch appeared in 2011 and there is No 2011 Team in The mod currently, so there is nothing to change !

I would love to see an update that simulates the 2010 and/or 2011 ALMS series... so the LMP1, LMP2, LMPC, GT, and GTC cars.

Do you have any plans to update for newer seasons as time goes by, or is the mod pretty much locked into 2009 and older?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
walshy1093
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyWed 30 Mar - 21:17

Will there be an update on the Vette at some point to put it into GT2?
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin
klo-che

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyWed 30 Mar - 21:32

The GT2 in real is a totally different car, not an update of The GT1. So i doubt it. Seems that ISI included the GT2 in rF2 so we'll see what they've done with it !
Back to top Go down
Lastlap
Visiteur
Lastlap

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyThu 31 Mar - 19:21

Although it's an old car, can the GTR-1 Panoz be included (with any performance matching physics required) to increase GT1 fields?

(sorry if it's been asked already)
Back to top Go down
Steve McQ
Enduracers
Steve McQ

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyFri 1 Apr - 0:16

This not planned, the mod starts from 2006 and the Panoz GTR made it's last appearance in 2004 if I'm not mistaken...
Back to top Go down
walshy1093
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyFri 1 Apr - 0:41

Have you chose any cars to put into the next pack?
Back to top Go down
DutchGuy
Enduracers
DutchGuy

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2011-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptySun 3 Apr - 16:57

We need more petrol P1 cars...
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin
klo-che

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptySun 3 Apr - 17:17

...please ? :)

We need more texturers in the team...

We need to have our mods stop being ripped and our work stop being stolen...

We need to stop seing appear everywhere illegal conversion of commercial games...

Damn that is a lot of needs :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
DutchGuy
Enduracers
DutchGuy

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2011-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyMon 4 Apr - 0:58

If i recall correctly, you recieved a PM :fuck:
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin
klo-che

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyMon 4 Apr - 8:50

I had not seen it ! Do you have anything to show me related to racing cars ? Cause it's difficult for me to see with that. Answer by mp please. Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 Lol4
Back to top Go down
walshy1093
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 EmptyMon 4 Apr - 16:38

-

Last edited by walshy1093 on Mon 21 May - 15:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes   Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Endurance Series mod - Q&A / Wishes
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next