View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rodgeur
Visiteur

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Développement   Tue 16 Sep - 12:24

Bonjour,

D'après rfactorcentral vous êtes à 60% du développement du mod Endurance Series , je voulais savoir si cette information était bonne?

En tout cas je tiens à vous féliciter pour votre travail déjà réalisé (mod Epsilon qui est déjà énorme).
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin

Number of posts : 7647
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Tue 16 Sep - 17:11

Bonjour,

Ce chiffre était en vigeur dans la phylosophie précédente, mais depuis nous a annoncé les sorties en packs. Donc il n'est plus bon, je ne peux pas te donner un nouveau chiffre mais ce qui est sur c'est qu'il n'est pas retombé à 20% pour autant.

http://www.enduracers.com
IMSA GTP
Visiteur

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Wed 19 Aug - 8:24

Great job so far. I know its a lot of work, it took me about 100 hours to get just one car, (Mazda RX8) right.

In the current form the cars seem pretty tail happy. Don't take this the worng way, but are there any plans to update the hdv and sus files to give the mod(s) a more realistic handling behavior?
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Wed 19 Aug - 8:42

More realistic over what ? Compared to what facts ? Mabe you can give more information.

IMSA GTP
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Wed 19 Aug - 22:29

I'll give a short description, and when I get some time will run some MoTec analysis to illustrate it better.

The cars tend to snap oversteer with very subtle G-Force vector changes when the accumulative G-Forces are lower then the tire should be capable of per the matching .tbc file.

For example, if a course has one or two slow turns, and most others fast sweepers and the car is set up for a little understeer so the throttle can be used (on or off throttle) to kick the back of the car a bit on the tight turns it just loops. Looking back at the MoTec #'s and comparing that to what the TBC should allow, even with 75% G-force to Grip ratio, the car just spins with practically no recovery.

That suggests that two values may be conflicting a bit;
1. HDV - Moment of Inertia F-M-R is off a bit, with too much bias in the rear and center. rFactor has a problem with interpreting those values correctly as it is, so most mods appear to fudge this a bit to get it more realistic.

2. SUS - As the pickup point relationships change with corner height the geomtry calculations inside rFactor don't seem to accurately reflect the actual vector forces; maybe they are too instantaneous compared to a real car as the tire and chassis hystersis tends to allow some lag that rFactor doesn't consider. The point being that when the snap oversteer occurs at a lower accumulated G-Force then it should, the suspension geomtery may be a contributor.

I'm not a modder and I'm not racing anyone to win, I run sims for fun. I was a racer and ran the original IMSA series for about 10 years and have a pretty good idea of how these cars actually drive on the track. The RX8 was mostly an exercise to learn more about how some of the files work.

Like I said you folks have done some good work and I don't mean this to sound negative in any way. I was just wondering if there were any plans to improve the physics.

BTW, most mods, maybe 75% of the ones I've tried, suffer from the same issues. I'm suspicious that it may come from an effort by the modder to as closely replicate the real cars from a physical dimension standpoint. The problem is, as good as rFactor is, it doesn't handle all the physics as accurately as expected.
Back to top Go down
mjv_c0h1
Visiteur

Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2006-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Thu 20 Aug - 16:58

thanks for the usefull analysis
Back to top Go down
megaspeed2
Visiteur

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Wed 23 Sep - 21:33

the car oversteering and spinning out in turns isnt unrealistic, the most likely reson you are oversteering so much is that when you change gear down you arent blipping the throttle.
what is happening is that when you change down a gear without "blipping" the differential will lock up momentarily because of the difference in engine revs and transmission revs, causing the same effect as pulling the E-brake it makes you get into a slide which in such powerful cars which arent made to drift will cause a spin.

if you dont know what blipping the throttle is heres an explanation:

if you use clutch, first press clutch in, change gear, push down a lil bit on the accelorator and release the clutch. doing this prevents the dfference between engine and transmission rev difference from jolting the wheels and oversteer.

if you dont use the clutch then dont worry its the same really you just come off the accelerator, change gear and rev a bit while the gear is changing and no differential lockup!

hope this helps, sorry if i dont make sense im not a good teacher XD
Back to top Go down
Bobby Booey
Visiteur

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Wed 23 Sep - 22:20

IMSA GTP wrote:
I was a racer and ran the original IMSA series for about 10 years and have a pretty good idea of how these cars actually drive on the track.

megaspeed2 wrote:
if you dont know what blipping the throttle is heres an explanation:\

:look:

I have a feeling he knows what something as simple as blipping the throttle is.
Back to top Go down
megaspeed2
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Wed 23 Sep - 22:22

why does everyone hate me for everything i say? :cry:

Last edited by megaspeed2 on Wed 23 Sep - 22:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IMSA GTP
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Wed 23 Sep - 22:34

megaspeed2 wrote:
the car oversteering and spinning out in turns isnt unrealistic, the most likely reson you are oversteering so much is that when you change gear down you arent blipping the throttle.
what is happening is that when you change down a gear without "blipping" the differential will lock up momentarily because of the difference in engine revs and transmission revs, causing the same effect as pulling the E-brake it makes you get into a slide which in such powerful cars which arent made to drift will cause a spin.

Thanks for the explanation. I am familiar with downshift blips having put a couple thousand miles on Hewland gearboxes. You've probably noticed you don't need to downshift, just lift slightly off the throttle at near the limit.

The problem is in the physics. For Courage Mazda I went back through the .pm and hdv files and corrected lame physics. Most of the problem is the geometry for the rear suspension bars. Plot it out in 3D in both positive and negative values and compare the toe angles; when the rear rises it toes out. rFactor applies the toe settings at the set ride height and re-calculates toe as the wheel rises and falls, at least on the rear. That's part of the patch that allowed multilink suspension to work. (I wish rF had been as accurate with corner weight changes affecetd by caster as the wheel turns).

What that translates to is when the rear rises from coming off the throttle, the outer rear tire toes out a little upsetting the slip angle and around she comes. Just like a real car will when using the same suspension geometry.

Damper values are a bit weak.
Inertia values are a bit off, more like front engine. I suspect that may have been tweaked in an effort to compensate the geometry issue.

Just the same after making some of the above changes the mod handled a ton better, but its a mismatch so I went back to ILMS mod. ILMS doesn't have all the fancy splash screens, but I spend very little time watching them anyway.
Back to top Go down
IMSA GTP
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Wed 23 Sep - 22:56

megaspeed2 wrote:
why does everyone hate me for everything i say? :cry:

If you got that message from me, its certainly not what was intended. I went on to point out the flaws with the physics.

I think they did an awesome job on the graphics, thats obviously whats captured the audience. I was just hoping the cars would drive halfway as good as they look.

They remind me very much of the 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT. :nerf:
Back to top Go down
megaspeed2
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Wed 23 Sep - 23:00

i was talking to that bobby guy, almost any time i post anything in any forum about anything i have read to try and help someone there is always a guy like bobby to come and tell me im an idiot
Back to top Go down
Bobby Booey
Visiteur

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Thu 24 Sep - 16:03

I don't hate you and I didn't call you an idiot. But basically you had a guy who was posting advanced mathematical calculations, and you then asked him if he knew what 2 + 2 was.

My impression was you didn't fully read or comprehend what he was saying. I feel it was obvious from his post that he was very experienced not only in racing and driving but also in exploring car physics. And I don't know that you properly took that into account when you responded because your suggestion was something that could only have been the issue with someone who's a novice in sim racing.
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Thu 24 Sep - 17:20

No fights here, thx, use mp. Final word.

mAllOrcA
Visiteur

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Wed 24 Feb - 16:36

Bonjour :salut:

Je ne me suis jamais autant régalé sur un mod, merci aux dévelopeur :bravo:

Une petite question si je peu me permètre.

Y aura t'il une ACURA ALMS LMP2 ?
Merci.
Back to top Go down
http://www.team4play.net/
klo-che
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Wed 24 Feb - 17:45

mAllOrcA
Visiteur

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Wed 24 Feb - 19:38

:jap: merci klo-che
J'ais hate de la piloter :lol4:
Back to top Go down
http://www.team4play.net/
theroro29
Visiteur

Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Mon 19 Jul - 12:11

Bonjour,

Je vous conseille de modifier le degré de rotation du volant pour vos prochaines mises à jour.
276° est trop faible pour les protos LMP1 et LMP2.
Je vous conseille 360° pour les protos, même si le degré de rotation du volant change en fonction de chaque circuit et pilote. Le Setup de base avec 360° sera plus réaliste avec une précision de cap améliorée.
Merci pour ce mod!
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Mon 19 Jul - 12:54

Rien ne t'empêche de choisir l'angle de rotation que tu souhaites.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Développement   Today at 13:11

Back to top Go down

Développement
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Enduracers Official Forum :: EnduRacers' Mods :: Endurance Series & Flat6 Series Mod-
Jump to: