Enduracers Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enduracers Modding Team, the Official Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AI Improvements Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
warp9engage
Visiteur

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-08

AI Improvements Help Empty
PostSubject: AI Improvements Help   AI Improvements Help EmptyThu 8 Jul - 14:13

Greetings everyone :).

I'm new here on the forums and first of all, I'd like to say what an amazing mod Endurance Series is. I love endurance racing and having the ability to recreate some of the world's best events is truly great, especially considering the fact that the mod spans various seasons of the sport.

Ok, so now my post.

The AI in rFactor is rather bad, we all know that. Some mods have actually found ways to improve the AI by allowing it to make mistakes and generally being more aware of you on the track. I was wondering, has ES made improvements to the AI, since they feel a bit better? If not than I'd like, if possible, some help. I've read that it is possible to enhance the AI experience by editing values related to it in the user's PLR file. However, in ES, I can't seem to find this file. Could you please indicate where this file is located?

Thank you in advance :).
Back to top Go down
MaD_King
EnduRacers beta test
MaD_King

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: AI Improvements Help   AI Improvements Help EmptyThu 8 Jul - 14:34

warp9engage wrote:
Greetings everyone :).

I'm new here on the forums and first of all, I'd like to say what an amazing mod Endurance Series is. I love endurance racing and having the ability to recreate some of the world's best events is truly great, especially considering the fact that the mod spans various seasons of the sport.

Ok, so now my post.

The AI in rFactor is rather bad, we all know that. Some mods have actually found ways to improve the AI by allowing it to make mistakes and generally being more aware of you on the track. I was wondering, has ES made improvements to the AI, since they feel a bit better? If not than I'd like, if possible, some help. I've read that it is possible to enhance the AI experience by editing values related to it in the user's PLR file. However, in ES, I can't seem to find this file. Could you please indicate where this file is located?

Thank you in advance :).
The PLR of your profile is in USERDATA/YOUR_PROFILE/YOUR_PROFILE.PLR
Be careful with the PLR, that's can crash your rFactor if you make mistake in changing it. Make a backup before modify it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gentlemen-racers.org/
warp9engage
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: AI Improvements Help   AI Improvements Help EmptyThu 8 Jul - 14:58

The UserData folder you're mentioning is in the rFactor install directory, right? If that is the folder you're refering to, then it isn't there. It was the first place I checked for the PLR file and when I didn't find it, I got confused.

The UserData folder in my install only has the following things in it:
- Controller (folder)
- LOG (folder)
- Screenshots (folder)
- a bunch of svm files.

Could the PLR be somewhere else? Like in the roaming data?
Back to top Go down
MaD_King
EnduRacers beta test
MaD_King

PostSubject: Re: AI Improvements Help   AI Improvements Help EmptyThu 8 Jul - 15:05

warp9engage wrote:
The UserData folder you're mentioning is in the rFactor install directory, right? If that is the folder you're refering to, then it isn't there. It was the first place I checked for the PLR file and when I didn't find it, I got confused.

The UserData folder in my install only has the following things in it:
- Controller (folder)
- LOG (folder)
- Screenshots (folder)
- a bunch of svm files.

Could the PLR be somewhere else? Like in the roaming data?
In a standard installation, the PLR is in the folder of you profile_player_name.
Open the file config.ini on the root of rFactor and search USERDATA or PLR to see if there is another value than the default one.
Back to top Go down
warp9engage
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: AI Improvements Help   AI Improvements Help EmptyThu 8 Jul - 15:09

MaD_King wrote:

In a standard installation, the PLR is in the folder of you profile_player_name.
Open the file config.ini on the root of rFactor and search USERDATA or PLR to see if there is another value than the default one.

I opened the config.ini file and it says: "SaveDir=USERDATA/". Is this correct or should it be changed?
Back to top Go down
MaD_King
EnduRacers beta test
MaD_King

PostSubject: Re: AI Improvements Help   AI Improvements Help EmptyThu 8 Jul - 15:13

warp9engage wrote:
MaD_King wrote:

I opened the config.ini file and it says: "SaveDir=USERDATA/". Is this correct or should it be changed?
It's correct.
Try to use the windows search in rFactor folder to find all the files *.PLR to locate where your PLR is.
Back to top Go down
warp9engage
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: AI Improvements Help   AI Improvements Help EmptyThu 8 Jul - 15:19

Ok, it worked! I believe I've found the right PLR file. It was hidden, I had to tell windows to show me compatibility files in that folder. I will now back it up before editing as recomended. Thank you for you help and for your time :).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AI Improvements Help   AI Improvements Help Empty

Back to top Go down

AI Improvements Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Enduracers Official Forum :: EnduRacers' Mods :: EnduRacers' MODs :: Support / Help / Troubles-
Jump to: