Enduracers Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enduracers Modding Team, the Official Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Driver Hotswap to AI Questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
warp9engage
Visiteur

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-08

Driver Hotswap to AI Questions Empty
PostSubject: Driver Hotswap to AI Questions   Driver Hotswap to AI Questions EmptyMon 2 Aug - 12:59

As you know, it comes in handy when you're in a very long endurance race to be able to swap with another driver in order to take a break. rFactor allows this by pressing the "i" key to hand the car over to an AI driver.

I have a few questions about this AI driver. How reliable is he actually? Like, does he commit any mistakes or does he always do perfect lap after perfect lap?

P.S - If he is perfect everytime it means I can take a break and be completely relaxed. However at the same time it detters from the excitement somewhat. So I was wondering: is there a possibility to make your AI replacement non-perfect?

Thanks to all who assist :).
Back to top Go down
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Driver Hotswap to AI Questions   Driver Hotswap to AI Questions EmptyThu 5 Aug - 12:54

Don't worry. Your AI co-driver is not perfect. He's an absolute imbecile. :lol4: He'll wait till you go for a snack and spin out, then end up facing the wall and try to 'use the force' instead of finding a reverse gear. :mur:

Of course there are many more ways to ruin your race while you're not watching.
Back to top Go down
warp9engage
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Driver Hotswap to AI Questions   Driver Hotswap to AI Questions EmptyThu 5 Aug - 14:10

Pandamasque wrote:
Don't worry. Your AI co-driver is not perfect. He's an absolute imbecile. :lol4: He'll wait till you go for a snack and spin out, then end up facing the wall and try to 'use the force' instead of finding a reverse gear. :mur:

LOL :lol4: . Ok, so I guess I can only have breaks nervously, wondering if when I come back my 1st place will have turned into 15th place. I asked if the was perfect because I've noticed he never does things like getting the breaking point wrong and I recently did an experiment: I let the A.I drive an entire 1 hour long endurance race and he didn't do a single mistake :look: . The only time he spun out was when he was pushed by a lapping Epsilon Euskadi. So I guess his true problem is traffic?
Back to top Go down
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

PostSubject: Re: Driver Hotswap to AI Questions   Driver Hotswap to AI Questions EmptyThu 5 Aug - 14:20

Traffic/overtaking is always the problem with AIs. Also the may be too aggressive on some particular corners of some tracks. For example they often spin out on the curbs at T1 of Algarve, or under the Dunlop bridge of Le Mans by SNL etc.
Back to top Go down
warp9engage
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Driver Hotswap to AI Questions   Driver Hotswap to AI Questions EmptyThu 5 Aug - 15:24

When I installed rFactor, I did some changes to some values in my profile's PLR file. I changed Ai Collision Detection rate and also the mistakes rate to 0.2. My biggest curiosity is if that change applies to all A.Is including the one that drive your car or if it applies only to the other A.Is racing with you.
Back to top Go down
Pandamasque
Visiteur
Pandamasque

PostSubject: Re: Driver Hotswap to AI Questions   Driver Hotswap to AI Questions EmptyFri 6 Aug - 6:07

I think it will apply to all of them. AI strength does so...
Back to top Go down
warp9engage
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Driver Hotswap to AI Questions   Driver Hotswap to AI Questions EmptySat 7 Aug - 22:42

Thanks for all the info :salut: . I appreciate your help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver Hotswap to AI Questions   Driver Hotswap to AI Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Driver Hotswap to AI Questions
Page 1 of 1