Enduracers Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enduracers Modding Team, the Official Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Avoiding a spin?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Posdnuos
Visiteur

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Avoiding a spin? Empty
PostSubject: Avoiding a spin?   Avoiding a spin? EmptyFri 10 Dec - 10:41

Hello,

Have to say what a great mod this is! Congrats to the whole team.

I'm somewhat of a noob so please be gentle, here's my question

It seems that every car in Enduracers when it starts oversteering is impossible to recover with braking. In a lot of other mods a little brake will straighten out the car, but this is not possible in Enduracers. It's making it really hard to drive, I know I should avoid oversteering but sometimes its unavoidable!

Maybe there's something I could do in the setup

Thanks again for all your hard work!

P.

Back to top Go down
JackH79
Visiteur
JackH79

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-10-16

Avoiding a spin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avoiding a spin?   Avoiding a spin? EmptyThu 16 Dec - 8:43

You really shouldn't cure oversteer with braking anyway. Very gently lift off the throttle and see if you can recover it. If you are actually too fast and you go from oversteer to spinning then -- well, you're spinning. There's nothing you can do but sit and pray that it's gonna be a gentle shunt.
Unless you're driving rally and/or are a drifter, oversteering through a corner is not the best way to set a fast time. Ideally there shouldn't be any.
So, try to get around the track without oversteer. Once you can set a decent time without oversteer you can start pushing it and find the limit where you'll find that the car starts to slide veeery gently. That's it. Just over the limit of grip.
Back to top Go down
Flaux
Visiteur
Flaux

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Avoiding a spin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avoiding a spin?   Avoiding a spin? EmptyThu 16 Dec - 10:20

Quote :
you can start pushing it and find the limit where you'll find that the car starts to slide veeery gently. That's it.

Yup copy that, had a nice race at Essington yesterday and the 997 was slightly drifting through the corners to get the best radius.

Ontopic: You can't avoid spins with braking... countersteer and a lil throttle will help you. Try to get as many throttle positions as possible. Not only on/off. On the g25 I have five to seven throttle positions and use them depending on the gear and the setup. (still need more, but thats what practice is for)

You also have to countersteer very fast (I mean very fast) BUT in small amounts.

And again, it's all about setup. I drive all Endu cars with a soft rear and the camber set to minimum at the front (-2) and a maximum at the rear (-3 or -3.5 I guess) That stabilizes the car.

Posdnuos I would love to get some feedback on that, because I am always asking myself why anybody says those cars physics are wrong. I don't have those probs...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Flaux1
Posdnuos
Visiteur

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Avoiding a spin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avoiding a spin?   Avoiding a spin? EmptyTue 21 Dec - 0:50

ok thanks a lot for the advice! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Avoiding a spin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avoiding a spin?   Avoiding a spin? Empty

Back to top Go down

Avoiding a spin?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Enduracers Official Forum :: EnduRacers' Mods :: EnduRacers' MODs :: Support / Help / Troubles-
Jump to: