Balancing the downforce?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lemming77
Visiteur

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2010-12-05

PostSubject: Balancing the downforce?   Thu 6 Jan - 13:59

The current downforce settings don't give much information. How much downforce/drag does each setting produce at x kph? How much am I getting fron the diffuser/ground effect?

When setting up the Ferrari, I tend to set the rear downforce to 4x whatever the front downforce is set to, and from there work out a better value for the rear. However if I understood the options I had better, this would be a lot easier and quicker. Something like being able to conduct wind tunnel tests of my own.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MaD_King
EnduRacers beta test

Number of posts : 3049
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Balancing the downforce?   Thu 6 Jan - 14:57

I don't know what you search, but the telemetry is your friend for what you search I think.

What I can say, if you put too rear aero in the setup you create under steer added to less top speed due to more drag.
The GT2 are not the best representative car about aero changes, that's the cars with the less aero in the mod.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gentlemen-racers.org/
lemming77
Visiteur

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2010-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Balancing the downforce?   Thu 6 Jan - 15:01

So basically I'm limited to watching the suspension figures in I2 while driving down the mulsanne straight? :P Alright, thanks. :)
Back to top Go down
MaD_King
EnduRacers beta test

Number of posts : 3049
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Balancing the downforce?   Thu 6 Jan - 15:11

If you want an accurate pool of values for your experiments, yes, but the aero work also in turns and react differently in function of the suspensions/bars you use.
Not so simple.
But if there is 12 steps on the rear settings of a car and 3 at front you can sum up how you said for the ES mod; 1 front for 4 rear max. When you are adding more steps over 4 on the natural range you can be sure you are in the wrong way to have a car well balanced.
1-4 / 2-8 / 3-12 for example are the rear limits. 2-10 for example is not a good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gentlemen-racers.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balancing the downforce?   Today at 18:54

Back to top Go down

Balancing the downforce?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Enduracers Official Forum :: EnduRacers' Mods :: Endurance Series & Flat6 Series Mod :: Support / Help / Troubles-
Jump to: