Enduracers Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enduracers Modding Team, the Official Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Engine Reliability on Endurance Series SP1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gus
Visiteur

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-25

Engine Reliability on Endurance Series SP1 Empty
PostSubject: Engine Reliability on Endurance Series SP1   Engine Reliability on Endurance Series SP1 EmptyTue 25 Jan - 13:31

Hi there, we (trd3.net) are running a champ with Endurance Series SP1 (Aston Martin DBR9) mod.

Yesterday we had the first race of the season and we had serious reliability problems with the engines.
Server is configured with "Mechanical failure rate" as 'timescaled', and car damage is set to 35%.

I previously did some race simulations and had no problem with engine (50 minutes, turbo=2, grill=5) as long as i didn't gear down with no care at all.

But yesterday during the race, Safety Car appeared (server misconfiguration, sensitivity was too high).
We stayed behind the SC during 2 laps, at low speed, low revs, low turbo, and oil temps really low (70º celsius).
On race restart in a lapse of 3 laps, several cars broke engine. And not gearing down, but gearing up in full acceleration. Oil temp was no higher than 95º Celsius.

Finally, only 3 (of 20) cars were able to finnish the race. Rest of engines blown up.

Is there any server configuration we can do about this problem. Was it due to running behind Safety Car?
Thanks in advance.

PS: congratulations for this great mod. We use it frequently for endurance events.
Back to top Go down
gus
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Engine Reliability on Endurance Series SP1   Engine Reliability on Endurance Series SP1 EmptyWed 26 Jan - 11:16

Nobody knows?
Back to top Go down
MaD_King
EnduRacers beta test
MaD_King

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Engine Reliability on Endurance Series SP1   Engine Reliability on Endurance Series SP1 EmptyWed 26 Jan - 11:27

gus wrote:
Nobody knows?
No, no idea, run with the other option for mechanic faillure on the server.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gentlemen-racers.org/
John DiFool3
Visiteur
John DiFool3

Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Engine Reliability on Endurance Series SP1   Engine Reliability on Endurance Series SP1 EmptyTue 8 Feb - 19:12

I had the opposite problem. I ran 2 12 hour races this past weekend (one real time, one accelerated with my AI driver at the controls) at the Ring 24 H 2.2a (GT's only 60 car fields) vs. the AI in offline mode. I hardly saw any mechanical failures at all-almost all DNFs were from wrecks or the aftereffects of wrecks. The first one I ran x2 time progression but normal mechanical failures, while on the 2nd I changed that latter parameter to time scaled. Only 3 DNFs (out of 31) in the 2nd race were listed as something other than "accident", but in at least one of those cases I noticed the driver in question stuck behind some scenery unable to move, and he eventually teleported back to the pits and was listed as a "fuel" casualty. The cars of the other two, tho they had all 4 tires, were pretty beat up when I checked them out in the garage after the race.

Odd that offline vs. online would give such drastically varying effects on this.
Back to top Go down
gus
Visiteur

PostSubject: Re: Engine Reliability on Endurance Series SP1   Engine Reliability on Endurance Series SP1 EmptyTue 8 Feb - 19:20

Well, we run a new race (we run 50 minutes races) yesterday.
This time "Mechanical failure rate" was set to normal, and everything worked right although we had no SC (in case SC was the problem).

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine Reliability on Endurance Series SP1   Engine Reliability on Endurance Series SP1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Engine Reliability on Endurance Series SP1
Page 1 of 1