HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
klo-che
Admin


Number of posts : 7647
Age : 32
Localisation : France
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Mon 30 May - 8:56

Oreca LC75 wrote:
how many liverys or the r-gt are there?

:siffler: :pilote:

21

_________________
EnduRacers - Team Coordinator
EnduRacers - Facebook Page
Back to top Go down
http://www.enduracers.com
Duffers917K
Visiteur


Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Mon 30 May - 14:13

Can't wait to hear it, considering the brilliant sounds every car has so far.

I'm excited to see what else will be in SP2 aswell. :D
Back to top Go down
deBorgo83
Visiteur


Number of posts : 11
Age : 33
Localisation : UK
Registration date : 2011-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Mon 30 May - 15:26

Lambo looks great! Really enjoying the mod so far and look forward to whatever further additions the team choose to make to it.

btw, hi everyone :salut:
Back to top Go down
S Eefting
Visiteur


Number of posts : 39
Age : 22
Localisation : Tingsryd, Sweden
Registration date : 2011-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Mon 30 May - 17:33

O MY FUCKING GOD,I LOVE U GUYS!
Back to top Go down
enuZi
Visiteur


Number of posts : 15
Age : 35
Localisation : Argentina
Registration date : 2011-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Tue 31 May - 2:19

Wowwww!!!, Good job boys. very good
Back to top Go down
http://www.argenservers.org
warp9engage
Visiteur


Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Tue 31 May - 18:35

The Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT, what an unexpected but very welcome surprise!

Just a quick question, you said you would include the car in all of its aerodynamic variations. Does that include this:

http://global.oneighturbo.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/gallery/fia-gt1-spa-francorchamps-2010/05-oneighturbo-Lamborghini-FIAGT1-Spa-LoekPictures-073010.jpg

Or are you just sticking to the 2004-2009 era skins because this is too much of a different car?
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin


Number of posts : 7647
Age : 32
Localisation : France
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Tue 31 May - 18:37

This is not an R-GT ! It's the R-SV from FIA GT1 2010, and we've no plan to work on this new championship, as it's running with fake downgraded cars.

But there is a similar skin on the R-GT :arf:

_________________
EnduRacers - Team Coordinator
EnduRacers - Facebook Page
Back to top Go down
http://www.enduracers.com
warp9engage
Visiteur


Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Tue 31 May - 18:53

klo-che wrote:
This is not an R-GT ! It's the R-SV from FIA GT1 2010, and we've no plan to work on this new championship, as it's running with fake downgraded cars.

But there is a similar skin on the R-GT :arf:

Ah ok. Thank you for the information. Good to know there will be a similar skin on the R-GT. You see, the problem with Lamborghinis in racing is that they are mostly either black or dark grey (not that they look bad like that) and that causes a bit of monotony when it comes to their racing liveries. I like the livery on that picture because it's more colorful and brighter, and I hope that there will be some more skins down those lines in the mod.

P.S - I'm sorry if this isn't the most correct place to ask but, why do you say the cars in the FIA GT1 World Championship are fake and downgraded? (I personally love the Ford GT Matech, would love to see that)
Back to top Go down
lms
Visiteur


Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Tue 31 May - 19:06

"teams last release for rF1"

But what happenes with planned future add-ons if rf2 doesnt meet expectation or the team just wont like it or something? probably too early to ask, but will you continue working on the mod (for rf1)?

best of luck with the mod
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin


Number of posts : 7647
Age : 32
Localisation : France
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Tue 31 May - 19:13

warp9engage wrote:
P.S - I'm sorry if this isn't the most correct place to ask but, why do you say the cars in the FIA GT1 World Championship are fake and downgraded? (I personally love the Ford GT Matech, would love to see that)

Because it's what happened since 2010. They introduced new cars (nissan, ford) that were less performant, so they downgraded all other cars (maserati, aston, lambo, corvette) to please everybody, and then in addition introduced the balance of performance to unrealisticly put all cars at same level of performance (for more battles). This is not real motorsport, it's just M.Ratel maneuvering to keep his championship alive, but it's not anymore the real GT1 championship as it was the 10 years before, wich was the top level of GT racing.

_________________
EnduRacers - Team Coordinator
EnduRacers - Facebook Page
Back to top Go down
http://www.enduracers.com
klo-che
Admin


Number of posts : 7647
Age : 32
Localisation : France
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Tue 31 May - 19:15

lms wrote:
But what happenes with planned future add-ons if rf2 doesnt meet expectation or the team just wont like it or something? probably too early to ask, but will you continue working on the mod (for rf1)?

Too early of course, but if i'm right SP3 or SP4 or more have never been announced, so there is nothing planned. We always said we would work on what was pleasing us, we had no limits, no things planned and no lists.

_________________
EnduRacers - Team Coordinator
EnduRacers - Facebook Page
Back to top Go down
http://www.enduracers.com
warp9engage
Visiteur


Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Tue 31 May - 19:41

klo-che wrote:
warp9engage wrote:
P.S - I'm sorry if this isn't the most correct place to ask but, why do you say the cars in the FIA GT1 World Championship are fake and downgraded? (I personally love the Ford GT Matech, would love to see that)

Because it's what happened since 2010. They introduced new cars (nissan, ford) that were less performant, so they downgraded all other cars (maserati, aston, lambo, corvette) to please everybody, and then in addition introduced the balance of performance to unrealisticly put all cars at same level of performance (for more battles). This is not real motorsport, it's just M.Ratel maneuvering to keep his championship alive, but it's not anymore the real GT1 championship as it was the 10 years before, wich was the top level of GT racing.

I see. Unlike ALMS, LMS and so on the FIA GT1 is a spec championship in which cars run with very identical performances. However, are you sure you wouldn't like some of the cars from that championship in your mod? Because I believe there are "non-spec-ed" versions of them:

http://www.planetlemans.com/lms-2010-1000-km-of-spa-entry-list/

This is the entry list for the LMS race at Spa in 2010. You can see the Aston and Matech GTs there. I'm not sure, but I think those cars weren't running on the same specs as they would on the FIA GT1 championship, they were on their real spec. Weren't they?

Anyway, too much deviation on my part. Now to get back on track, any hints you could give us regarding new graphical effects for SP2? Are you planning to improve the damage modelling?
Back to top Go down
Steve McQ
Enduracers


Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Tue 31 May - 19:59

No they were not. To be accepted in LMS and at Le Mans, GT1 cars had to comply with the FIA World GT1 Championship rules and balance of performance. Larbre's Saleen was not in the championship but also suffered a very hard downgrade to be sure it will not compete with new cars... with obvious success (Le Mans GT1 winner :lol: ).

Anyway, GT1 cars are now too heavy and underpowered, they also suffer poor reliability that makes them reachable by GT2 racers in endurance races. GT1 2010 cars do not have their place in a mod called 'Endurance Series' (I think), even it's a great category to look at TV (I won't talk about the fu**ing tracks SRO chose for the championship that cause so many accidents and team to run out of spare parts and money). :lol4:
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin


Number of posts : 7647
Age : 32
Localisation : France
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Tue 31 May - 21:09

warp9engage wrote:
Anyway, too much deviation on my part. Now to get back on track, any hints you could give us regarding new graphical effects for SP2? Are you planning to improve the damage modelling?

There won't be new features added, we've reached rF1 limits and there is nothing correctly managed by the game that we can add. So it will be just car, skins and so on. Damage modeling i'm not sure it's mutch needed to go deeper for rF1 too.

_________________
EnduRacers - Team Coordinator
EnduRacers - Facebook Page
Back to top Go down
http://www.enduracers.com
Jon Weal
Visiteur


Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Tue 31 May - 23:45

Hi there, I'm a massive fan of the mod and absolutely cannot WAIT for SP2 :) *fingers crossed for Lola Aston ;-p*

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for making requests/suggestions so please excuse me if it's not. I run a league which uses your mod and one of the big draws is the uniqueness of all the vehicles in the mod. One thing I think is missing however: is a method for balancing the cars a little. If it isn't too difficult to do, I think an excellent feature would be the ability in the "upgrades" menu to add penalty weights to a car or to take weight out. The NAGT mod by the US Pits has this and when a driver applies +10Kg for instance, a sticker is put on the car window so everyone on a server can see what weight a driver is running. My thinking here is that it may help to encourage more diverse grids - particularly in LMP1, which has become entirely diesels since the release of the beautiful Audi and Peugeot cars. If a league can say "all diesels +50Kg, all petrols -50Kg" it would in my opinion make all other mods obsolete! LOL

Anyway, thanks for the continued hard work and I look forward to seeing more!

Jon
Back to top Go down
MaD_King
EnduRacers beta test


Number of posts : 3050
Age : 43
Localisation : Toulouse (31) FRANCE
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Wed 1 Jun - 9:48

The solution, is to make two LMP category in your championship, the Diesel and the Petrol separated.
The lest is possible with the admin commands /setmass 50 Driver_Name

And the performances balance are close as the real one, so Diesel are faster than Petrol ;)

Jon Weal wrote:
Hi there, I'm a massive fan of the mod and absolutely cannot WAIT for SP2 :) *fingers crossed for Lola Aston ;-p*

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for making requests/suggestions so please excuse me if it's not. I run a league which uses your mod and one of the big draws is the uniqueness of all the vehicles in the mod. One thing I think is missing however: is a method for balancing the cars a little. If it isn't too difficult to do, I think an excellent feature would be the ability in the "upgrades" menu to add penalty weights to a car or to take weight out. The NAGT mod by the US Pits has this and when a driver applies +10Kg for instance, a sticker is put on the car window so everyone on a server can see what weight a driver is running. My thinking here is that it may help to encourage more diverse grids - particularly in LMP1, which has become entirely diesels since the release of the beautiful Audi and Peugeot cars. If a league can say "all diesels +50Kg, all petrols -50Kg" it would in my opinion make all other mods obsolete! LOL

Anyway, thanks for the continued hard work and I look forward to seeing more!

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.gentlemen-racers.org/
klo-che
Admin


Number of posts : 7647
Age : 32
Localisation : France
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Wed 1 Jun - 10:08

And that is why we introduced sub-categories in the mod, P1d (for diesels) and P1p (for petrols).

_________________
EnduRacers - Team Coordinator
EnduRacers - Facebook Page
Back to top Go down
http://www.enduracers.com
Jon Weal
Visiteur


Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Wed 1 Jun - 10:13

Yes I appreciate that I can use the admin command to change a car's weight BUT not everyone in the league will understand how to use the command so that they can practice off-line with the weight as well. The option to do so in the upgrades menu would mean that my less computer savvy members could easily find the weight setting they want and select it.

As you say, I could just create two separate classes "LMP1D" and "LMP1P" but this would:

a) create headaches because of the statistics tracking software in use
b) be unrealistic compared to the real thing

I also appreciate that the enduracers team are trying to concern themselves with making the relative performance of the cars realistic - which is great - but in my league at least it has led to boring grids of only peugeot and audi in LMP1 and Acura and Porsche in LMP2.

As far as I can tell, the way the NAGT mod does it is a very clever yet very simple solution that is easy to use and understand and lends it'self to online leagues.

Back to top Go down
Jon Weal
Visiteur


Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Wed 1 Jun - 10:35

Ah you were typing that as I was Klo-che. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Pandamasque
Visiteur


Number of posts : 289
Age : 32
Registration date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Wed 1 Jun - 10:35

klo-che wrote:
And that is why we introduced sub-categories in the mod, P1d (for diesels) and P1p (for petrols).
But really to have any real competition in endurance racing we need about 10 cars per class. There are 4 classes or 6 if you count the subclasses of prototypes. But anyone who ran in very big evens knows that rF starts to go crazy with more than 40 cars online even on a powerful PC. Many don't have powerful PCs.
So as a result most leagues either have only the most competitive cars running or just allow 2 or 3 classes to begin with. In any case the end result is that only about half of the cars you worked so hard to create are being raced online.
For example the recent sim-racing.de 24h de la Sarthe event had LMP1 and both GT classes allowed. As you can see in this spotter's guide there were only Peugeot 908 and Audi R10 in LMP, Corvette and Aston Martin in GT1, Porsche 997 and Ferrari F430 in GT2, plus there was one 996, completely uncompetitive and a lonely Panoz.
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin


Number of posts : 7647
Age : 32
Localisation : France
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Wed 1 Jun - 10:37

Jon Weal wrote:
Yes I appreciate that I can use the admin command to change a car's weight BUT not everyone in the league will understand how to use the command so that they can practice off-line with the weight as well. The option to do so in the upgrades menu would mean that my less computer savvy members could easily find the weight setting they want and select it.

As you say, I could just create two separate classes "LMP1D" and "LMP1P" but this would:

a) create headaches because of the statistics tracking software in use
b) be unrealistic compared to the real thing

I also appreciate that the enduracers team are trying to concern themselves with making the relative performance of the cars realistic - which is great - but in my league at least it has led to boring grids of only peugeot and audi in LMP1 and Acura and Porsche in LMP2.

As far as I can tell, the way the NAGT mod does it is a very clever yet very simple solution that is easy to use and understand and lends it'self to online leagues.


To be honest at this development point of the mod, and knowing that rF1 is now close to end, i'm not sure we would implement such changes right know. But we will see in interal team discussions. Anyway, note that adding weight in upgrades is unrealistic too, whereas creating subcategories does not change car performance so is for us mutch less unrealistic. To finish with, to have cool grids you can simply limit the number of chassis to be used (several leagues does that) per model.

Anyway we will discuss this within the team.

_________________
EnduRacers - Team Coordinator
EnduRacers - Facebook Page
Back to top Go down
http://www.enduracers.com
klo-che
Admin


Number of posts : 7647
Age : 32
Localisation : France
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Wed 1 Jun - 10:40

Pandamasque wrote:
klo-che wrote:
And that is why we introduced sub-categories in the mod, P1d (for diesels) and P1p (for petrols).
But really to have any real competition in endurance racing we need about 10 cars per class. There are 4 classes or 6 if you count the subclasses of prototypes. But anyone who ran in very big evens knows that rF starts to go crazy with more than 40 cars online even on a powerful PC. Many don't have powerful PCs.
So as a result most leagues either have only the most competitive cars running or just allow 2 or 3 classes to begin with. In any case the end result is that only about half of the cars you worked so hard to create are being raced online.
For example the recent sim-racing.de 24h de la Sarthe event had LMP1 and both GT classes allowed. As you can see in this spotter's guide there were only Peugeot 908 and Audi R10 in LMP, Corvette and Aston Martin in GT1, Porsche 997 and Ferrari F430 in GT2, plus there was one 996, completely uncompetitive and a lonely Panoz.

That is part of the game, and we can't influence mutch that. And adding new cars that everybody ask for will not better that. In the end people choose the cars they like, and thoose are the ones people like the more, that is not a real problem. If the organisator want more diverse girds, they have to limit the number of chassis per model. :)

But again if this upgrade weight is the magic solution, we will see for SP2. Cause we will not do "league physics".

_________________
EnduRacers - Team Coordinator
EnduRacers - Facebook Page
Back to top Go down
http://www.enduracers.com
MaD_King
EnduRacers beta test


Number of posts : 3050
Age : 43
Localisation : Toulouse (31) FRANCE
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Wed 1 Jun - 11:06

Pandamasque wrote:
plus there was one 996, completely uncompetitive
At Lemans, limited but not on other track ... Like the Spyker, these too cars a softer on the tire wear due to their weight. There are car for strategy drivers ;)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gentlemen-racers.org/
Pandamasque
Visiteur


Number of posts : 289
Age : 32
Registration date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Wed 1 Jun - 11:13

@klo-che I don't think everyone in the SR event were such huge fans of diesel cars :lol4:
Back to top Go down
klo-che
Admin


Number of posts : 7647
Age : 32
Localisation : France
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Wed 1 Jun - 11:18

Pandamasque wrote:
@klo-che I don't think everyone in the SR event were such huge fans of diesel cars :lol4:

So they had to choose other cars :lol:

_________________
EnduRacers - Team Coordinator
EnduRacers - Facebook Page
Back to top Go down
http://www.enduracers.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News   Today at 17:18

Back to top Go down
 
Endurance Series Mod - SP2 - Talk and News
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Warhammer Forge news
» [NEWS] Chicago Golden Demon Coverage!
» Marvel Legends 2012!
» Winsor & Newton Series 7
» EZT StockHatch Series 1 - Race 8: Iberian Full - Series Finale

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Enduracers Official Forum :: EnduRacers' Mods :: Endurance Series & Flat6 Series Mod-
Jump to: