Enduracers Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enduracers Modding Team, the Official Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

F430 GT2 gear shift/engine problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shac544
Visiteur

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-12-26

F430 GT2 gear shift/engine problem Empty
PostSubject: F430 GT2 gear shift/engine problem   F430 GT2 gear shift/engine problem EmptyWed 26 Dec - 18:01

Greetings guys,

I recently tested the F430 at Le Mans and found a pretty big problem when using auto transmission.

Maybe it's just me but when braking hard it downshifts incorrectly, eventually killing the engine

It goes like 6-N-4-3 or 6-N-2-4

Can this be fixed somehow ? :look:

Back to top Go down
Steve McQ
Enduracers
Steve McQ

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: F430 GT2 gear shift/engine problem   F430 GT2 gear shift/engine problem EmptyWed 26 Dec - 23:10

Yes, it's a bug with the autoclutch. When you lock a wheel while downgearing, it seems that the engine cuts out, but this has no effect on the car's behaviour.

You can erase the bug easily by having a quick small push on the throttle each time a gear goes down.

Actually, the mod is not designed to be played with automatic gear changes, and the best piece of advice I can give you is to shift by yourself and even to switch off the automatic clutch (using a button as clutch is possible). You will have a more realistic driving experience, and you will avoid this particular bug!

:salut:
Back to top Go down
BigDaddyCool
Visiteur

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: F430 GT2 gear shift/engine problem   F430 GT2 gear shift/engine problem EmptyTue 1 Jan - 0:42

Well, that doesn't necessarily hold true for all of the cars in the mod however. I've been using auto clutch and auto gear changes with the Epsilon Euskadi in the Endurance mod for a long time now and I have never had any of the difficulties that he's described.

I have a wheel and pedal system that does not have a clutch so auto clutching is something of a necessity for me. However if I am driving a GT car I will set up my wheel so that I can at least control the shifting myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F430 GT2 gear shift/engine problem   F430 GT2 gear shift/engine problem Empty

Back to top Go down

F430 GT2 gear shift/engine problem
Page 1 of 1